Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes


Davis' End of Year Party is tomorrow and I, of course, signed up for cupcakes.  Yes, I could run out and pick up a couple of already prepared containers from Publix or Walmart but where's the fun in that????  And I love baking!  So I looked for cute ideas for a kids party and found Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.  Super simple and too cute!  The problem was going to be how to transport the cupcakes without them tipping over.  I took a cereal box, traced the bottom of the ice cream cone and cut holes in the box for the cones to sit without falling.  I let Davis put the sprinkles on top and TA DA!!!!!!  Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Did you actually bake them in the cones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, you just wrap the base of the cone in foil then fill them half-way. Use a batter with 3 eggs so they don't rise too much or are too heavy. Then just place them in muffin pans and bake for 25 mins on 350*. I piped the frosting. I like the Duncan Hines homestyle. I used whipped frosting for the white and it wasn't thick enough to stand well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon -- Just read your blog from start to finish and loved it! Good to see you're doing well. My brother is a triathalon competitor and really loves it. He's hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon this year. Best of luck with your training -- and baking! :) Anne Payne

    ReplyDelete